Strategically located atop a cliff, Hotel Cardoso offers spectacular views of the bay and is just 15 minutes by car from the international airport. Moreover, the beach is only a 10-minute drive away and the Museu de Historia Natural is a mere 100 metres from the hotel.
With this essential info checked, you can visit a number of attractions at a favourable pace. Here are some destinations to add to your list:
- Maputo Train Station – a grand building with impressive French pillars, verandas, and lattice patterns.
- Mozambican Heroes Square – located near the airport, it houses a 95-metre mural commemorating local heroes during the country’s revolution.
- Natural History Museum – a must-visit spot to view the preserved Manueline architecture and gardens with a mural done by Malangatana, the country’s renowned artist.
- Museum of the Revolution – chronicles Mozambique’s fighting history to achieve independence from Portugal.
- House & Studio of Malangatana – showcases dozens of paintings by the renowned painter, as well as sculptures by Alberto Chissano.